Question

imawordman

Credit Card APR's
Have an Amex Everyday Card with a 14.99 percent APR and a Bank of America Card also with a 14.99 APR. I applied for and received a Capital One Quicksilver Card with a 10k limit but they gave me a 22.99 APR. Is there a GOOD reason why a card doesn't tell you what your APR will be BEFORE accepting the card? It's nice to have, but I like lower APR's. Thank you.

Most Helpful Response

If you are worried about the APR then you much carry a Balance from month to month ( Not Good at all )

When I jumped back into the CreditCard World 4 years ago after not using them for 10 years said to myself would NEVER Carry a Balance again and Never will.  If you don't have the Cash for something then you don't need to charge it.  No Expection.

Now on to your question,  Until you Signup/Apply for a Credit Card  they have no idea what your Credit History is like.  When they do a Hard Inquire that gives them enough information as to your Credit History, Payment History,  all good and all bad. and based on all the information from your Credit Report the come up with your APR.   You don't have to accept the Card,  you can decline it if you don't like something, but the Hard Inquire will stay as you signed or allowed them to pull your credit report.

imawordman

I keep 8-10 percent usage on my cards just to keep them active.  (Usually just pay bills with them and pay off almost all of it each month.)  Thanks for your answer, Howie!