Question

durko58

Credit card application denied because of fraud alert. What can I do to resolve it?
I recently put a fraud alert on my name for 7 years because of Identity Theft. I just tried to apply for a new credit card but was told by the credit card company that one of the credit bureaus denied the application. My credit score is 814 so that's not the issue. How do I go about getting the card approved?

Most Helpful Response

You are going to have to notify all the bureaus to lift the fraud alerts.

durko58

So I won't be able to obtain any new credit or take out any new loans eg. auto loans, without lifting the fraud alert? Would that have to be via certified mail to the 3 bureaus? Then after obtaining the new credit initiate the fraud alert again since my social security number and identity are still being compromised. Is this the process johnnybinsea? If so, what a hassle. Thanks for the information.