Question

Soullo

Credit Card Account Went to Collections Agency Need Immediate Advice.
Hey all,

So I recently had a card go into collections and am scared that a lawsuit will be filed against me. Currently at the moment, I have $5,700 in collections & through Chase at least $2,400 worth of debt in credit card debt with minimum payments around $2800. I have perused numerous forums regarding my situation to see if there was any suggestions or advice relevant to my situation and am having mixed feelings.

A little background: I am a college student that had issues with the FAFSA numerous times and have had to pull out unsecured loans through my university. In addition, during my Junior year I utilized my credit card to assist some of the bills that were coming in from not only renting a townhome, but also medical bills associated with cancer treatment. This coupled with numerous jobs and the rigor of academia ultimately landed me in a swamp of debt. I am scared and quite frankly embarrassed at myself to have let a situation escalate so far into collections. My immaturity along with my inability to say no to my parents is becoming very unhealthy & at times I feel as if I have become imprisoned with their debts as well.

I have dropped out of school, frightful of pulling out more loans under my name that would otherwise cause the current situation to worsen. It has been incredibly rough attempting to work 3 jobs simultaneously while at the same time paying off not only my parent's debts, but my own as well.

As of now Credit Karma is stating my TU score as 557 and EQ as 554. I am desperately seeking for any advice or suggestions pertaining to this mess I created and have tried to utilize a debt consolidation lender. Much to my low expectations, I was denied for such assistance. I appreciate everyone's time and concern!

Try talking to more than one debt consolidation company to see if you can find one that will help you, many of them are non-profits or consult with a bankruptcy attorney to see what they have to say.