Question

wind770

Credit Card Account listed as Closed via CreditKarma
HI,

I opened my oldest Credit Card account about 1 Year 8 Months ago. This was through Sovereign Bank and ultimately they gave me a credit card provided through FIA Card Services.

About 4 Months ago they switched from FIA Card Services and sent me a new card, which is now provided directly from Sovereign Bank (To my understanding). As such I now manage the CC on their website, rather than FIA. Up until today the Credit Card was continuing to list with the same age and reported balances and all of that.

However today the account came up as "Closed" and it is no longer listed on CK, Which brought my Avg. Credit Age down to 5 Months which impacted my credit score quite a bit.

My question is, When a Bank makes a transition of their Credit Card provider and switches you from one service to another (This was automatic, I did not say sign me up to have my card replaced) does the age of the previous card not carry over?

Being as a younger individual who is wishing to buy a house in another year or two when my Credit History is above 2+ Years, This doesn't bode well for me.

Thank you

Card Transition

Best thing to do on this is to file a dispute with the credit bureaus. They need to make the connection from the lender that the cards are related.