Question

NWS1940

Credit bureaus should adjust for payment in full each month to matter how high the balances were
Except for my mortgage my bills are all on auto-pay for the full balance. My scores are fine but it just seems like the credit scores should reflect only amounts carried over. I feel my credit used is really zero not thousands of dollars.

It's all about timing. You could avoid this by keeping your balances low when the companies report, but this would mean logging into your accounts and paying more often than just when you are automatically billed. I probably haven't been clear enough with my explanation, but there is a way around this, paying prior to reporting date.