Question

maybe14

Credit Bureau reporting after fixing an erroneous collection
My FICO score recently dropped 30 points due to an erroneous collections reported to Transunion. After contacting them and reporting them to the BBB, I checked my credit report to dispute this there as well and I notice it is no longer listed. I am assuming it was removed by the collections company since it was there a month ago. My question is how long will it take for my FICO to go back where it was? It is frustrating that negative info can affect a person almost immediately, but if it is a mistake, it takes so much longer to fix it. Thank you!

Most Helpful Response

You FICO score "goes back" the second the account is removed from your reports.  There is no time lag.