Question

frr149

Credit builder Loans in CA

I moved to the US from Europe about 7 months ago, so I had no credit history ago. So far I've been building my credit score with a secured credit card, paying on time, keep the usage low, etc. So far my credit score is 690. I recently got a new credit card (non secured).

I'd like to increase my credit score to 750 before buying a house. I have an extra 4K USD that I'm willing to use to improve my credit score. Should I use that to increase my limit in my existing card or is it better to get a new secured card?

Would a credit builder loan help in this situation? Can you recommend some bank in CA? I'm in San José.

Thanks in advance, this credit thing is like black magic for us foreigners!