Question

LivingtheNCdream

Credit and a NEW FIrst time buyer!
I am in the process of buying a home (my FIRST) in the next 6-8 months. I currently have a 540 TU score and a 534 Equifax. I just got a new car July 2016. and hae paid every payment on time. (my only current debt.) I have a few things in collections. Mostly medical bills besides a Time warner bill, and ONE 700 credit card (not sure that settlement amount it) However. I am looking to raise my score atleast another 80 point fairly quickly (which i have moved up 40 point in 3 months!!!!) I need to know adivce on paying off things in collections im aware to not waste my time on medical bills. BUT should i pay both time warner which is fairly new. like within the last year the CC was opened in 2014 and closed in 2015! advice please!!! im shooting for a 620-640 or higher if possible!

I advise taking the time to read the articles on this site so you can get a good understanding of how credit works and how to build your score.  I did and now enjoy the benefits that come with having a good credit score..