Question

Cali1919

Court Judgment Satisfied
I had a legitimate dispute with a landlord, which was settled in small claims court. We won on some counts and the landlord won on other counts. We received a judgment and paid it. A satisfaction of judgmdent was filed with the court. There is still a judment on my credit report, but no mention that it was satisfied.

1) Why is my credit being effected for a legitimate small claims dispute, when I paid the amount of the judment?

2) How much is this still effecting my credit for a 2011 judgment and how long does it stay on my report?

Most Helpful Response

Judgments stay on your record for 7 years after date it is released/paid.  If the credit bureaus show it as unpaid, then send them a letter with a copy of the release.  To learn how judgments affect your credit score, read the More section at the bottom of this screen, the Articles under Resources at the left of this screen.  Also you can look up credit.about.com; good information.