Question

jacobdontknow

Could another auto loan be the solution?
I have a very short credit history. (only nine months). I currently have a very poor credit score but I am financed on a Harley Davidson. I have made 8 payments on time, 1 late. If I were to go and attempt to finance a used car/truck do you think:
1. I would get approved?
2. Would making my payments on time on a auto loan really help my credit score or would it hardly make a difference?
3. Should I wait to until my credit score is higher before I attempt to obtain a second auto loan?

Additional info:
My debt to income ratio is only 12%
I am 19.
Credit score is 583 via CreditKarma.com

You're thinking. That's good!!

Okay, that late payment on your record is going to create a negative for a little while.  Keeping your payments ontime from now on is a good thing.  Please do that, because it's very important.

Believe it or not, it MIGHT help your credit score a bit more to get a secured credit card.  Yes, they do have a high interest rate and you do have to place money in an account, and it will be a low credit limit but it can qualify you for a better card in several months.  Just make sure to use no more than 20% of the limit and pay the TOTAL AMOUNT DUE in full every month.  That's a big help in building your credit score. 

You're young and just starting out, so I recommend waiting a bit for another car loan.  Build up a savings account to provide funds to cover emergencies (make the goal for this at equal to 6 months total living expenses).  May sound crazy but I''ve already been there (and didn't have savings) and you DON'T want to go there.

You might even see if you can save up enough to make a substantial down-payment on a car or even pay cash for it.  I had sold my home and used part of the proceeds to buy a car for myself for cash. The rest was allocated to living expenses.  It's a good feeling to do that.