Question

fanak

Could and should I end my joint credit card after a year in order to build credit on my own?
I asked my dad if we could start a joint account in order to help me start building credit after college. I am approaching a year holding this account, and I was wondering if it's best to be the sole cardholder at this time in order to build credit on my own. It's the only credit card account I have too.

No, do not end it. Start applying for new cards that will be soley in your name. There is no need to cancel this account. Get yourself a couple of cards in your name in ADDITION to the account that you mention.