Question

Toedoe35

Could a debt formally disputed with a debt collector still damage my credit?
I received a medical bill for allergy shots I did not receive 5/12, which was formally disputed to a debt collector 9/12 according to the debt collector's rep at the time, with no response. The physician in question had already billed my insurance well over $800 of the nearly $1000 or so price tag for the shots.
Now, in 5/14 another debt collector called me trying to collect the debt for medicine I never took receipt of, and said she was going to mark me as refusing to pay.
I've not yet checked my credit reports again, but when I did just a few months ago for another reason, I saw no evidence of this matter having been reported as a debt against me. Ditto with Credit Karma's records.
Should I be worried about this affecting my credit?