Question

Mozart1817

Costco change is to Visa not MC
I had asked what a new MC card for Costco would do to my credit score. I find it is Visa. But, same question. Will this hurt me if I take it?

Most Helpful Response

It shouldn't if...

Are you asking if your credit score will decrease if you apply for and get a Costco credit card? The fact that it's MC or Visa doesn't matter. If you don't have too many hard credit inquires on your credit report (or if credit inquires are set to be removed soon), AND if you don't already have too many credit cards, it shouldn't hurt your score much. If you plan on shopping at Costco quite a bit and you want to keep the card open for a while, it might actually be worth it to take it out. Hope this helps!