Question

Ymoni

Cosigned, and he filled bankruptcy.
I am a cosigner on an account where the primary acct holder has filed for chapter 13 bankruptcy. Now that this acct is in bankruptcy, how does this affect me as the cosigner. I learned from the creditot that the account was sent to bankruptcy. I would not babe know this otherwise as i have no communication with the primary account holder. Would the primary account holder have required my consent or permission to send this account to bankruptcy?

No, they would not require your permission. They should have let you know though. About the only thing you could do to protect your credit would be to contact the lender and pay off the account if it is not already in negative status. I would assume that the lender will come to you for the money sooner than later.

You have no communications with the party you co-signed for?  Please don't ever co sign again, especially under such circumstances.  Protect yourself by realizing that, if someone needs a co-signor, their credit is lousy and they would drag you down, too. Unless you have lots of money to give away??