Question

zackxxr

'Convenience check" balance transfer fraud
Hello, Everyone!
The other day I noticed that 3 'convenience checks' were cashed with balance transfer fees on my Barclay Apple Rewards card for around $3000. I called and reported the fraud but I'm still worried, I'm really tight on money right now while I'm in school and I can't afford to pay this if held liable.
Am I going to be liable because it was a check used? Is there anything else I should do?
The last time I received these checks in the mail over a year ago, I shredded them.
Any help would be great.

Since you reported the fraud as fast as you noticed it, you shouldn't be held liable.  And it's a smart idea to shred those convenience checks right away if not using them.  I've had some with the Amazon card, used some a year ago, but the rest have fed the shredder. You could ask the bank not to send them mfor a while but that may not work.  Just keep an eye on the mail and act quickly with these checks.