Question

skybear2009

contacting a seller
My fiance found an abandoned house, I looked at it and fell in love despite it being heavily vandalized. I did some research and found out the owner passed away 3 years ago. I contacted the treasurers office which told me the taxes are all up to date, so somebody is paying it. She gave me an address& reccomended that I write a letter to the family to see if their willing to sell the home. So, when I write the letter...should I tell them about myself (ex: what I do for a living, why I would want the house, etc.)?

I would limit personal information other than really vague (I am a police office, my wife is a teacher). Provide no additional details as to where you work. But definitely talk about how in love you are with the house. It could be that the house is part of an estate that is going through a contested probate, which is why it's gone uncared for for several years.