Question

mjl61

Considering a Treadclimber? GET AN INSTALLMENT LOAN TO PAY FOR IT.
Just some friendly advice

Considering a Treadclimber?

Save yourself some credit score points and obtain financing for your Treadclimber before you buy. If you go through Nautilus/Bowflex with their own finaincing (they use Synchrony Bank), you end up with a revolving credit "card" account, and that hurts your usage percentage! I assumed (stupid!) it would be an installment type loan, but when I got the purchase confirmation it showed I had a "limit" (big red flag)... and when it hit my credit report it showed NINETY PERCENT USAGE  on a "credit card". All I got was the machine, no frills.  My credit score plunged about 70 points. I called Synchrony customer service and asked if it could be changed to an installment account, but they pretty much said "absolutely not". 

All of a sudden my rating is "Fair" instead of the very top of the "Good" scale, narrowing my options to secure an installment loan to pay off the "card". This just stinks, I now have to dig out, which could take months.  I should've asked. Shame on me.