Question

love9boy

Confused about Capital One due dates and statement closing date
Hi everyone! I am confused about statement end dates and due dates.

On my Capital credit card, my billing cycles are from the 15th to the 15th. I know my statement closing date is on the 14th of the month and know that my due dat is on the 12th of the next month. I am trying to rebuild my credit and boost my credit score as much as I can each and every month by paying on time and never carrying a balance and letting my card report a 1% to 9% utilization to the credit bureaus. my qustion is: How is this possible if my statement closing date is on the 14th of this month and my dues date is on the 12 of next month?

It is all so confusing. I thought I had this figured out last month, but now I am even more confused.Last month was the first month to pay on my new card and I managed to have that card report a 1% utilization to the credit bureaus, but this month I am trying to do the same thing, but my due date is two days before my statement closing date. Any and all information is helpful and I want to thank you in advance!

Also, my credit limit for this card is $500 and I want 1% to 9% reported to the credit bureaus.

Thank you again,
Matt