Company Will not Accept Pay for Delete letter
I am trying to clean up my report and so far t e process has been going well. However its one last report that I do not agree with. I know I owe the company but the amount is incorrect. Before it went into collections i disputed it with the original company for over charging me with no success. So I tried to clear this up with the company by sending a debt validation letter and a pay for delete letter after the company sent me a copy of the bill. But the company never verified that they were authorized to collect the debt from me or my state like the letter asked.

I received a response to the pay for delete letter and the company told me it was unable to delete the account because they must report all of their collections. I was wondering how true is this and what should my response and next step be? I want it off because its been about 3 or 4 years now and it keeps renewing. They renewed it twice this year so far and it seemed like its always after I contact them. Once after I sent the debt validation and recently after the pay for delete letters.

Does this mean it will not fall off of my account 7 years from the original date? I know that it is possible for companies to do a pay for delete but why won't this company accept the offer? Im lost on what I should do next. Thanks for the help!

Most Helpful Response

Anyone who reports to the credit bureaus can delete accounts if they wish, that is just a BS letter they are sending you.  The rule for drop off is this:  Any collection account, whether paid or unpaid, will fall off your report 7 & 1/2 years from the date it went delinquent.  Hope this helps.

They are lying!

Pay For Deletion Letter

Creditor Name: 
Creditor Address: 

Creditor Phone Number: 

Account Number: 

Listed Amount Due: (from credit report)

To Whom It may concern:

In regards to the above listed account, it has been brought to my attention that you claim that I owe the listed amount due shown above. While I accept no responsibility for ownership of this debt, I’m willing to pay the current requested amount of $ (fill in)  as listed on my credit report in exchange for your agreement to the following:

1. Your agreement to a full and complete deletion of any past-due references pertaining to this account from all three credit bureaus to which you report.

2. Your agreement that this payment constitutes a payment in full, and not a “paid collection” or “settled account”

3. Your agreement that you will not attempt to sell or reassign the rights to this account to another third-party debt collection agency after payment has been received

While I’m well aware that your purpose is to collect debts which you have obtained from original creditors, I am also aware that you are under no obligation to report any of these accounts to the credit bureaus.

That being said, your full cooperation in deleting this account in exchange for payment is appreciated.

When I receive signed documentation from your authorized representative on company letterhead stating that you agree to the terms above, I agree to pay $   either in the form of a cashier’s check, money order, personal check or credit card. This payment will be sent to you as soon as I have received a certified agreement from an individual permitted to agree to such an agreement.

I require your written agreement to these terms on company letterhead and signed by a representative who is authorized to enter into such agreements.

Please be aware, that this is not a renewed promise to pay. I make no claim of responsibility for this debt, and I make no statement that I believe that this debt is valid or owed by me.

In the event that you do not agree with the resolution terms I have offered above, I will move forward with my rights to request a full and complete verification and validation of this debt.

The terms of this offer will expire after 30 days. I look forward to your prompt and positive response pertaining to this matter.

your name (typed not signature)