Question

Ezk1821

"commonwealth finance" Who are they?
They just showed up under my C-Karma Alerts as a new opened account. I've never heard of them. I haven't opened but one new account over a month ago, and that was with Capital one. Anyway, my score dropped a few points and I am trying to get down to the issue.

Commonwealth-

I have disputed this once before. It is very aggravating that it is back on my credit, affecting my credit score. I also got a car loan with capital one a while ago. I also get credit card offers from them every week in the mail. Now that I know this is the connection to this Commonwealth company. I will never give capital one my business ever again. This is so irritating to have to constantly dispute things that should not be there to begin with. I'm really annoyed.

Get all 3 credit reports!

Go to annualcreditreport.com and order all 3 credit reports.  You want to go over them carefully and thoroughly, noting all errors (and Commonwealth Financial is one).  You will file a dispute on each error with the credit bureau(s) reporting same.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete these items.  It is not unusual to have mistakes on credit reports, which is why we are advised to check them every year to make sure all data is correct.

I did an online search for Commonwealth Financial and they are a collection agency, which we all prefer to avoid.  Just dispute this entry if it shows up and, should they contact you, send back a letter requesting validation of the debt, which most collection agencies can not do, so the account has to disappear.

Ezk1821

I filed a dispute with transunion yesterday after doing more research on this collector. Recieved an update this morning that their investigation was complete, and that "Commonwealth" has been deleted. Added 27 points to my score alone... Amazing what an error can do to tumble your score.

Collection Agency

Researching Commonwealth after it appeared on my report also brought me here and it reveals the unethical practice of the company. Commonwealth seemingly buys collections accounts that are very close to "falling off" your credit report and creates a new account therefore it will negatively affect your credit. It's a very unethical practice unfortunately, it's legal but attempt to dispute.

commonwealth finacial

I see a common thread. I too have just recieved a ding on my credit score after I have gotten a CAPITAL ONE credit card. I believe it could be a ruse to cause us to buy our credit reports in order to dispute these false blemishes......just a theory

This crap is getting old...

Yep....today, Valentine's Day, checked credit, score went down. Commonwealth Financial, says original creditor was a "Gulfport emergency physician"...while I did grow up in Mississippi.....I haven't been operated on since having my tonsils removed in the early 70's.....this whole credit b.s. blows....it doesn't matter what you do, what steps you take to improve, how much time goes by with on time payments....rebounding takes years....I have $hit on my credit report, placed there by the lady who used to monitor my child support payments. She couldn't even spell the name of the company I worked for at the time correctly, and now, here it is, years later, children are grown, arrearages were taken care of, and this misspelled fictitious company and the info,from the state of Mississippi are still there to this day....There's so much that can be entered to hurt people, but there's no one responsible to go in and clean up THEIR mess.....I gave up fighting this $hit long ago....Hell I get emails from a Cadillac dealership stating its time for my service, thanks you for your purchase, etc. Nevere ever ever owned a Cadillac. Supposedly, few years ago I applied for a loan for a house.....nope, never did that either. Have never attempted to even think about buying a house.

it doesn't surprise me anymore what shows up...I have to look at all this dumb $hit and laugh....People are stupid.....They used to say the pen is mightier than the sword.....well now it's the keyboard....because some dip**** somewhere, didn't want to take the time to verify any ****ed thing, enter what they want....this is the result you get. It doesn't help that I have a very generic name either. In the early 90's, while stationed at the little itty bitty post over in Germany, I found out there were SIX of me there alone....on that note, almost got charged for some fatigues that I never ever purchased as it was my FIRST visit to the clothing store, only because the girl didn't check the social security number....

can you imagine the mistakes and heartaches and grief caused to some folks from data entry errors alone?.....

Transunion Equifax and Experian can all kiss my a$$.......they all have different information about me as well......the TRUTH about me is ONE issue, ONE story, and ONE statement of facts....not this jumbled up cluster**** of information they all have.....

forgive my my language everyone but this credit b.s. is just not a good topic for some folks....

Same thing happened

I got a capital one card a few months ago I started using it in dec. I saw this common wealth finance today and and took off 12 pts. I was almost at fair now I am back at poor. I went bankrupt in July every thing is off of credit. Did you figure what commonwealth is? I'm annoyed 

FilsDiana89

How do i dispute the Common wealth Finance because my report shows Fire department Minor Aug 14 2012 I have no clue what this means .I have tried to dispute it every time i do it says error please try again later there having a slight error .

THIS HAPPENED TO ME

It's saying I owe money from Commonweath Finances - AT&T services... I just got approved for a bank of america card... but I DID apply for a capital one card and was denied. I assume Capital one is the thread causing all this FRAUD but there NEEDS to be a way to IMMEDIATELY FLAG these and have them REMOVED!!!!!!

Anonome

I personally am very tired of CAP one. I was sent pre-qualifications which I kew I may or may not get, but after they denied me I still have them filling my PO box with pre-qualifications. Sometimes a soft inquiry as well. These arent affecting anything but my name should be removed for sure. 

Not only Capital One

I have a Commonwealth hit on my report as well from an unpaid hospital bill. Capital One is not the only business who goes through CW. If you go to the "Collections" tab on the left side of the screen it will have a break-down of your collections and who sent it there. 

Same

Had COMNWLTH FIN $364 show up in collections.