Question

ComcastCrazy

Comcast are idiots. Refuse to pay small bill with them I don't owe.
In 2012 I had Comcast Cable installed. I had 2 providers in my area. Comcast came to my house and hooked me up to Knology TV. 2 days later Knology showed up since they knew I was looking for cable provider, saw Comcast had hooked me up to Knology and Knology disconnected me and installed a blocking filter. Unaware why my cable went out 2 days after install I called Comcast for a service call. After missing 2 scheduled service calls and 4 weeks without cable the Comcast Technician showed up and discovered the reason cable had been out was Comcast had hooked me to wrong cable and Knology had subsequently blocked me. I then received a bill for not only the install costs, but 2 service calls, and 1 months cable subscription. I called to discuss the issue with Comcast assuming they would correct the bill due to failure to provide service. They refused claiming even though I had Knology cable it was still cable and therefore claimed I still owed. I absolutely refused to pay the bill and in fact immediately told the service technician not to connect me to Comcast. I called Knology and went with them. Technically I never received Comcast cable and therefore don't owe and won't pay this bill. They sent it to collections. What should I do. It has been over 3 years now.

Whether or not you agree the collection is killing your credit.  Your call as to whether it's more important to be right or to fix your credit.  Research very carefully before taking action though.

Dr.

Comcast should not be allowed to get away with their systematic overcharging, fraudulent and deceptive billing practises, and the absolute rudeness with which they treat their customers. Why should we pay this theiving, scamming company? I'm submitting disputes to the credit bureaus, the FTC, and if they still refuse to drop their claim, I'm going to file a police report against Comcast for fraud and theft.