Question

Lancealot9

Combining credit cards.
I have a chase freedom card with a $2000 limit and a slate card with a $500 limit. I don't really want the slate card anymore since i am out of my 0% apr and it offers no rewards. So I would like to have chase move the available balance on the slate card onto the freedom card. I'm trying to bump my credit score and lower utilization so I can refinance my car at a lower intrest rate than I currently have. I'm afraid moving the available balance and ditching the slate card will lower my credit score. Anyone know?

Most Helpful Response

Yes, everytime you close an account your score will take a hit. You may want to wait to do that until you get your financing done.

Lancealot9

I thought that would be the case. I just wasnt sure since it wouldn't lower my total available credit. I guess ill just pay it off and use it sparingly untill after the refi than. Thanks!