Question

drenn7

Combine Credits Cards or Carry Multiple Cards?
I have four credit cards with Cap1, three of them were opened in 2010 and the fourth in 2011. I recently received a limit increase one of the cards last month, going from 750 to 3750. Today, I went on their website and requested credit increases on the other three cards. The first two are both Quicksilver cards, both with 750 limits, and I was shown a screen that they would be making their decision in 2-3 business days. The third was their Visa card with a 500 limit, and I was instantly shown that I would be given an increase to $1500 (which I accepted).

Now my question ... Should I Combine the two Quicksilver cards so I have one card with a 1500 limit or just keep the two at $750 limits? On the site I can take the Quicksilver card that was opened in 2011 that has a $19 annual fee and move the balance to the other Quicksilver card opened in 2010 with no annual fee .. adding the 750 to the limit (and I'm assuming closing the one card).

Then to go a step further, should I then take the Visa that I just got the limit increase on and move that balance to the Quicksilver card which would give me one card with a 3000 balance and card #4 with a 3750 balance?

Are you using all these cards, and more importantly paying them in full every month so you're not paying interest? In the long run, it's better to have fewer cards with a high available credit limit than a bunch of cards with low limits.

Yes, combine the cards...  You will be better off in the end for it.  At some point your going to want to get more cap 1 cards so it will help if you didn't max out on cards yet.

Yes, combine them.

I combined my 2 Cap One Quicksilver cards into the one with no annual fee, and would suggest you do the same!