Question

ragdolljessy

College ruined my credit, I'm unemployed but want to fix my credit score...
I'm 23 and I want to get my credit score up but I'm not sure how I can... My credit became crap thanks to college loans and occasional hospital bills. I've never owned a credit card and I've always paid my bills on time, etc but I'm currently unemployed and had to resort to moving back in with family. I got a letter from a collection agency wanting to garnish my wages but I have none for them to do so. I'm just not sure what to do, any advice??

I don't mean to sound heartless, but without some form of income you really can't do anything to help your credit.  Don't worry about your credit right now, focus on getting a job first.  Best of luck!

ragdolljessy

I'm just worried because they had sent that letter... I was told that they can take me to court and possibly jail if I don't pay them but it's not like I don't want to, I just don't have any way to do so at the moment. The worst thing I've ever done is get a speeding ticket so I'm hoping that they would understand/work with me and wouldn't be so harsh but you never know what might happen.