Question

Andreah322

Collections...who to pay?
I have a debt in collections. The collections company calls me, but the original credit card company also contacts me. I have gotten financial control again and am able to pay the debt off, but who should I talk to? The collection agency or the original creditor?

pay to delete

Pay the collections agency and then notify the other that you paid. Do a "pay to delete". What it is, is that you agree to pay the creditor in full and in return they don't report to your credit and screw it up. Lo

Paid collections vs unpaid won't change your score so it's in your best interest to negotiate with them so it doesn't hurt your credit.