Question

Dmnchild

Collections: Things are inaccurate? :\
I 4 things in collections, but it should only be 2...

There are two different companies showing that I owe for a sprint bill that is over 10 years old. I am guessing that one company sold the debt to the other, but how can both be in collections?
Open date on one company is: November of 2009
The open date on the other is: November of 2011.
Neither one show a close date.

Also on my collections is showing something that was taken to court and paid off now from Midland Fund.

Not only do I not owe sprint the money as the reason I left them for at&t was for poor billing and over charging me, now I have it showing up twice? :|

And I figured the one from Midland should have been removed from collections since they did get paid, even if it was via court.

Perhaps I am missing something ;(

Also....

How long can they possibly keep tossing that sprint bill around? Shoulnt there be a time limit on this?

Both the companies currently listed have never even attempted to collect from me. The balance just seems to keep shifting around from company to company....

Addison170

Write letters to all three bureaus and the creditors as well.  Send 2 forms of your ID to prove who you are or they will just ignore you.  Tell them to remove the accounts because they are outdated.  They'll send you responses and/or take them off your report.  You may need to do this a couple times, but if you are persistent you can get them off.