Question

lynn41214

collections payments
I have just recently learned of the deletion letter to remove it from your report after paid. I have started making payments on a collection bill. Which I wanted to take care of. Would it benefit me to send this letter in and not make any other payments until agreed upon or just continue payments at this point?

Since you've started making payments, what are you going to dispute?  You can't claim it isn't yours.  Go ahead and pay it off, but ask if they'll delete the account from your report once it is paid.  Get it in writing.  Best of luck!