Question

kh6284

Collections Issue over 7 Years
Currently owe over 9K the reason I stopped paying was they said my payments were late and they were not. Everything was U.S. Mail when I was making payments and when they went from 8.5 to 29%. I made my payments but they posted them 1 day late every time for 5 months. I have been offered settlement of 2800.00 but not sure if it is the right thing to do. I pay my bills but this company really made my life -----! Any suggestions? I feel like if I pay they win. No problem paying what I owe but I want my profile to show that paying them off I was not wrong. Yea that is wishing!

If you decide to take the settlement, get in writing that they'll delete the account from your credit report, otherwise it will continue to report for 7 years from date you pay them off.  If unpaid, it will fall off 7 years from date it went delinquent.  You can check your state's statute of limitations on their ability to sue you, but I'm pretty sure it's too late for them to do that.  So, up to you whether to take the settlement or wait for it to fall off.  If it's already been over 7 years, then dispute the account with all three credit bureaus, tell them to delete it because it is outdated.  They'll either provide proof it is not or they'll remove it.