Question

FrodoJr

Collections Dropped Off
I have credit card debt that went to collections but are now over 7.5 years old or older. They have dropped off of my report but I'm still getting collection notices to settle. Is there absolutely any reason for me to be concerned that these debts could be reinstated on my credit report? there reason for me to be conc

Check with the Statute of Limitations in your state (or province). If the SoL is 7 years, and you've made no contact with them for 7 years, you can safely ignore the demands from collectors, as they would have no standing to sue in that case. Note that some states have the limit for as little as 5 years, and some states have it for as long as 10 years, so check the laws for your state first.