Question

Maxbaptiste

Collections calls for a 2007 foreclosured property, It doesn't show on my credit report. Help!!
I couldn't make payments in 2005 it shows the loan was closed in 2007 and transferred to another lender. What does this mean? I have been constantly receiving calls from Clear spring loan services claiming their client is NPA associates and I owe thousands of dollars. What do I do and how can this affect my credit even though it doesn't show up on my credit and my score has rebounded since then.

Hi Maxbaptiste, if your delinquent loan was in fact sold as opposed to forgiven, it is very possible that another creditor of record holds your debt. If this debt was part of a bankruptcy, , I would recommend that you demand they provide a "Proof of Claim" form.  It is an official form that creditors must hold to prove that your debt is in fact still active and owned by them. If the debt wasn't part of a bankruptcy, I would still demand that they otherwise provide evidence that they own the debt.