Question

qmtrr

Collections bill for unpaid unreasonably expensive dental work
The difference between what the endodontist charged and what my insurance company paid is over $400. I refused to pay $270 of it because it seems unreasonable and unfair. The letter from the local attorney adds $91 for attorney fees and 18% interest beginning 7 months ago. What should I do?

I would pay it ASAP before it continues to grow at 18% interest. If they are reporting the collections on your credit reports, try to get them to agree to remove the account from your reports in exchange for your payment. Beyond that if you feel they are doing anything illegal, then consult with an attorney or file complaints with the Better Business Bureau or Attorney General in your state. Keep in mind that your opinion that the price was too high, does not hold up anywhere. I think the prices are too high on everything, but it does not exempt me from having to pay for my goods and services.