Question

newbee2016

Collections and accounts posted on Equifax report do not belong to me
I've been keeping up with my credit report for the last few months as I am in the process of purchasing a home. Or should say hopefully purchase a home soon. Yesterday when I logged into CK, y Equifax report had about six accounts reported and four collection accounts. These are not my accounts. I also noticed there is a new address listed on my account. I wonder if all those accounts and collections are linked to that address. In any case, how can I dispute with Equifax??? I have heard to request validity of the account for any collections, but how do I go about removing all those accounts on my report that do not belong to me??? Can I have Equifax validate those accounts by social security? Has anyone had any good results/experience with removing anything from Equifax. I have been browsing and reading through CK and it appears Equifax is tough to get by.

Any help would be great!!!

BTW - looks like those accounts are from 2005-2011 and the collections are recent 2014.

You go to annualcreditreport.com and get copies of all three credit reports, then you file disputes with each credit bureau on all the errors you find in their reports.  Do this checkup every year to make sure all information is correct. 

Equifax is tough only that they are thorough and when there is doubt will not side with you.  You should send them a dispute directly, dispute them as belonging to you.  Also dispute the address as well.    Ensure you include the request that they be removed/deleted from your credit report.  To speed the process, include your proof of address, Utility bill, Drivers license and social security card.  They'll request it, this just speeds the process.  List each disputed item seperating giving as much information as you see here on Credit Karma.  Equifax will in turn contact each vendor for validation and if they are wrong, they will remove them.  The process will take 30-45 days.