Question

MichiganTherapist

Collections Agency reported 4 paid accounts to Credit Bureaus
A collections agency just reported 4 of my old paid medical accounts to the credit bureaus. These were valid collections at the time (ranging from 2-5 years ago), but were never reported to the agencies back then and I payed them off per the payment agreements I had with the collection agency. They just now reported all 4 accounts as paid, a couple of years later. Is this legal and is there anything I can do to dispute it since they were never previously reported as delinquent when I actually owed the money? I've worked hard to rebuild my credit in the past couple of years and it is devastating to have 4 accounts reported at once this many years later when they were already paid in full.