Question

aconrad357

collections account removed and score went down
I disputed an account that was in collections that I was not aware of and did not know what it was for. It came back 3 days later as "Deleted". There were no other changes to my credit and my score went down 25 points. How is this possible? And why would it go down SO may points?

That makes no sense and I see comments/questions like this all of the time. I would say that the scoring system is just junk. I advise you to check your FICO scores.

I'd love to hear an answer to this...I'm in the same boat

???

Based on other post, I think the drop has something to do with the number of accounts dropping. I recently had 2 collection accounts drop off of one file and my score dropped by 18 points in 7 days.

I had 3 collections removed but my score dropped 47 points! Why?