Question

jbasart1

collections account removed and now Equifax score took a nose dive?
I've disputed a collections account from Verizon for approx 4 years. They wrote off the debt and sold it to Jefferson Capital who started reporting it. I disputed with them and finally was able to get a hold of someone who listened and they actually removed it from my credit report (not closed, not wrote off but removed in it's entirety) And my credit score nose dived 40 points with Equifax, but rose with Transunion. Equifax is saying it's because Credit Karma is reporting 30-45 days after the fact, but yet this all happened in the last week. Then they tell me it's because it's a negative reporting that has been there for so long that now that it's gone it's a negative impact, not a positive one because it's removing history...of me disputing it?! I am soooo confused!!

Your score did not go down because of this.  That is impossible.  What is your Fico score?  Did it go down?  is there anything else new on your reports?