Question

mcmann13

Collections Account Removal Help
I entered a joint apartment lease with 3 other individuals. I moved out early but never got around to removing my name off the lease (I thought I did but it was the wrong form). Now the damages caused to the apartment, post my move out, were charged to us all and eventually put into collections. I just found this all out. Is there anyway I can dispute this or have it removed from my report?

Nope. You assumed the responsibility and you are now on the hook for it. You may be able to go after the other 3 individuals if you can prove that they did the damage rather than you.= but that is separate from paying the collections....