Question

suzyq0328

co-signer on car loan
A friend co signed on a car loan for me 2 years ago. I have never missed or been late on a payment. However my credit card payments have been late or missed on a few occasions during this time. Does my late credit card payments impact HIS Credit report? He is NOT on any of MY credit cards but tells me the decline in MY credit score has hurt HIS Credit score?

Most Helpful Response

If he only cosigned on the car loan and you've never been late on that, I can't see how that would negatively affect his credit.  if you have other lines of credit, like the credit cards that you're talking about that are not at all connected to him and you'ive been late on those, that won't negatively affect his credit either.

Your Late Payments have Hurt his Credit Report and Credit Score along with yours.

ally auto loan pay off

we pay it off in may