Question

wanttothrowinthetowel

co-signed on a vehicle that is now under chapter 13
I co-signed on my son's car, he has now filed Chapter 13 and the car is under that. Is there anyway to keep this from dinging my credit or am I stuck?

Are the payments behind on it? If not, maybe you could have him not include it in the bankrupcty, you take the car, make the payments until you find a buyer. The auto lender may still come after you for a balance anyway if it is included in the bankruptcy. You may want to run all of this by a consumer law attorney or bankruptcy attorney. I too, was dumb with my credit when I was a young person and today I am an armchair credit advisor.