Question

StormRider16

Closing short term credit cards
Ive read some of the other and I had opened some small credit cards this year but I see that it affected the average of my credit history. If I close some of them - would my credit history improve and if so, how long before I see that.

With proper credit management those cards could be a boost to your score.  You'll have to weigh several options in making your decision.  You've already figured on the average age, as they were new, this would increase this figure and your score.   Have you used any of the credit?   It affected your Utilization, just having them open gave you additional lines of credit which could have been an increase if you kept your total balances low.  If they are closed and you have charges ongoing, your utilization will increase.   They added to your overall number of accounts, tho this was probably a small amount.   Once closed, they'll remain as reference althought won't be a positive impact.  It would probably only take you 6-12 months to recover from the hard inquiry you already took and the lack of age.