Closing Secure Card... Any Damage done ?

I just opened a capital one secured card with $200 on it last month. However since opening my credit one account this month my credit score jumped from 571 to 631. I am interested in the Journey Syudent Rewards Card with Capital one. However I dont want to have three cards. Can I just close the secure card and get my deposit back and then apply? Should I wait to see if I am even approved and then close the secure card? Will closing the secure card cause any damage to my credit score? I've had the secure card for a month however it just started reporting yesterday. My credit one start reporting before I even activated. Can someone help me understand this?

I really want to close the secure card but I dont want to lowered my credit score.