Question

JKramer328

Closing old credit card accounts... Does it reflect negatively when you do that?

If it does not have any fees I would leave it open.  I would only close acounts that I dont need AND has annual fees.  Part of your score is how old your accounts are and the avg age of accounts.  Now with that said if it is in good standing it will stay on your account for 10 years.  But again fi there is no good reason to close it I would keep it open.

Part of the credit score is based on how much credit you are granted, so you want to hang on to all the credit you can get unless (as said before) there is an annual fee for use of that credit card.  I won't even  apply for a card that has a fee.