Question

rogerjspain

Closing newest line of credit
I recently opened a credit card to purchase a new lap top. I have paid off the lap top and have no use for the credit card that was opened to purchase it. It is my newest line of credit, therefore, by me closing it, wouldn't it improve my credit score because it would be removing a younger credit line from my credit age average?

It would hurt your score.  Don't close it.  Leave it open, if you're going to use it keep the utilization down below 10% and your score will rise over the next two years.  Never ever close it if you want to build your credit :)