Question

riggodiesel

Closing My Oldest Card to get Better Rewards Without Hurting Credit Score?!?!
I have excellent credit, but I only have two credit cards. My Bank of America Visa is my oldest account, but I want to switch to a card with better rewards/cash back. I haven't pulled the trigger, because I was always told to keep one credit card for years as it's better for my credit score. Is this true? I would probably just switch to another Bank of America Visa with no balance transfer, but with i.e. cash back, etc.. I thought if I switched under the same bank/issuer I would not lose my issued time on my account. The best card all around for me is with a different bank (Chase).