Question

flyinlion

Closing my credit card won't affect my score?
The simulator tool is telling me that if I close an account, a secured credit card I've had for 3 years, it won't impact my score at all. Another similar site I use to monitor my credit is giving me the same results. I have two other credit cards open, both with much higher limits (my secured card is $900, my regular card is $9,000). I wouldn't mind getting my deposit back (wife has a birthday coming up) and I never use the thing. I just don't want my score to go down because my length of open credit lines decreases.

Does anybody have experience with this? Should I trust the simulator, close the card, and pick up something nice for the wife?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Most Helpful Response

You should definately pick up something nice for your wife! Spice things up! Tell her that you support her and beleive in her! Try to treat her like no one else ever can or will! Trust me the payoff for these kind jesters will last a lifetime! Also the simulator may be giving you a false reading; however it should not impact your score that much. Good luck my friend! Now go and enjoy your wife! Life is too short not to! God Bless!!!