Question

Cpen21

closing credit card
I must close my longest standing credit card. Unfortunately, I must do so for personal reasons because someone else is on the account. How will this affect my credit score?

it probably very little, if you have couple other credit cards, and or it dosent dramatically lower your overall available credit limit, most importantly? It dosent heighten your utilizations. In FICO scoring models, they use both your open and closed accounts in your age of credit, closed accounts can last upto 10 years from when it's closed, so in theory, your age of credit won't change for next 10 years. However, some score models only use your open account for age/average age of credit, so in those models? your score might take dip, some Sites like Credit Karma may only use your open accounts to show your age of credit, don't be too concerned over them, their "opinions" of your credit don't worth much in the credit world. I know of no Creditors/Lenders and I doubt very much, anyone else know any either, that ask for its opinions about your credit before making any lending decisions.

That is going to hurt your credit score, as is explained in the articles on this site.  If possible, remove the other person from your account