Question

2Manycards1

Closing a credit card to replace it with a lower int rate with no yearly fees is good or not?
I want to transfer to a card that offers 18 months no interest and no yearly fee. Paying same amount of monthly payment and paying down my debt. Should I close the card I am transferring FROM or leave it open to show good credit payment I had in the past. I would not use this card again.

Most Helpful Response

Closing the account will hurt your credit by shortening your average age of open accounts.  If you want to aboid that, but you're not crazy about the annual fee, call the issuer and see if you can convert it to another card they offer without an annual fee, then keep it active with sparing use, and pay in full to avoid interest.