Question

lgarciasosa

closing a credit card
I filed for bankruptcy in 2012, I am rebuilding my credit with 4 credit cards 2 of them with annual fee. I have paid off the 2 with the annual fee and I am considering closing the accounts, will I have a negative impact on my credit if I close them ? I've had them for 1 year.

Yes. Keep them open and use them but keep the balance below 20% and continue to pay them off every month

Closing the two cards that have an annual fee WILL have some impact on your credit score primarily due to the reduction in available credit and the number of credit accounts.  Check out the potential impact using the Credit Simulator program on this site.  This way, you can get an idea of what could happen and decide accordingly.