Question

Stockyards2

Closed Late Payment Accounts
I have 6 accounts reporting delinquent payments. These accounts have been closed for several years. I have been told these will roll off my report after five years. Do they roll off 5 years after the closing date on the account? How do I find out when they were closed and when they will not effect my credit score any longer?

Most Helpful Response

I believe it is actually 7-15 years before delinquent accounts fall off your credit report.

The account will report for 7 years from the date it was paid off or, if unpaid, 7 years from the date of first delinquency.  To get all the info on those accounts, pull a complete credit report from www.annualcreditreport.com.