Question

Michigangirl15

Closed Credit Card, Should I dispute?
There is a credit card reported on my account. It shows that it is closed, but that it went to collections and was paid (settlement). I recognize the name of the card, my dad had one. I didn't have one so I'm wondering if he put me on his account. It shows that it was closed in 2011. I'm trying to improve my credit score. Should I dispute this? I don't remember ever knowing I was on the card and I know I didn't use it.

I'd strongly suggest filing a dispute now and on any accounts showing on your credit report that you have any doubts about.  They will be either verified or deleted.  Errors are common on credit reports, which is why we are so strongly advised to check all three credit reports annually.

Yes Dispute It