Question

insertcleverscreennamehere

Closed Collections Accounts with "Paid Collection" Remarks
I have two medical accounts showing up in my "Closed Collections" tab, showing a $0 balance, but having a remark of "Paid collections." Both were opened within a day of one another, and closed on the same day. (That doesn't make sense to me, because I know they weren't from the same dates, but that's beside the point.)

I am trying to pay off my old debt so I can not only be debt free, but live life again without the weight of a negative credit score behind me. I am confused by these two accounts however, and my father wasn't so sure on what they meant either. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
J

I've gotten in the habit of disputing every collection on my report.  I've had 5 removed from TU and EQ, and have zero collection remaining on my Experian report.   It's my opinion to: Dispute First Acknowledge Later.

If on your collections it shows a debt collection agency, always dispute you have an 80% ( made up figure - but is about my success/fail ratio ) chance of it being removed.